Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sew for Victory

Well, Happy New Year, Happy Valentines Day and more to you.  Yes, it has been a while since I got a post up.  Much of January was spent with the family being ill, the rest was just a trying time of getting back into the rhythm of life!
I have some great things I want to share with you, but as always, some of those will just have to wait until I can manage to get a good photo during the day.

First and foremost, though, is a sewing challenge hosted by the fabulous Rochelle of Lucky Lucille.



Yes.  A vintage themed sew along!  All those participating will sew a 1940's/1940's inspired pattern.  You can go see all the details here, along with a fun video featuring Rochelle's really cute dog Lucille :)

What am I making?  I shall be sewing some more trousers from the Simplicity 3688 reproduction pattern.  No biggie, I have made them before, along with lots of adjustments, so I am saving them for last.

They are very flattering and comfortable to wear, and my wearable muslin (toile) has seen a LOT of wear.  Tasha at By Gum By Golly made a fantastic pair just a couple of weeks ago, for Debi's Sew Grateful week (this is the final post, you should definitely look at the rest).  You have to check both of those out if you haven't already!

I shall also be making this lovely blouse... view 3.  That would be the bow blouse on the far right.  I purchased this pattern for the bow blouse and the scalloped blouse, so I am excited to start sewing on it.  In fact, I started today, so maybe post later with the fabric and more.


On an artistic note, I found something fascinating the other day, pertaining specifically to the illustrations on these patterns.  I hope to post more on that later!
In the meantime, follow along with the other sewists on Flickr, and perhaps I might get my instagram groove on later!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great blouse pattern! I especially love the bow blouse and the blouse with scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I love your pattern choices for the Sew for Victory challenge! I'm really, really into 40s blouses right now. The bow blouse is particularly adorable. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.