Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sew on...

Elizabeth hosts a weekly 'sew along' over at her blog.  Go look there for more thready fun! 
Sew... I wanted to make a second pair of the 1947 shorts I have in my wardrobe.  They are truly the most comfortable shorts- and very flattering.  I love them! You can just about see them in this post.

This time I went a little more upmarket.  I bought some red twill, and cut them out.  After an afternoon of sewing (and several unpicking hours... and a few more unpickings to go) I have these:


I have no idea if you can see them properly.  My little laptop never has shown red properly.  So just in case:

Here is a blurry one with better details.
The book is Sherrilyn Kenyon's latest- Born of Silence.  It is one of the League Novels- a Sci-fi series.  Very enjoyable, but the books can be rather gritty.  If you don't like guts and gore or heavy romance scenes, you probably wont like it.  If, on the other hand, you are a fan, then please, go read them!  It was a great book, I only put it there because I finished it this week, and my book I am currently reading I posted yesterday!  And the other one I am reading is on my iPad (War of the Worlds).

2 comments:

  1. I have come to look forward to seeing your meticulous creations, Rachel! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely red! Thanks for the heads up, I'm off to look at Elizabeths blog.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.