Tuesday, June 08, 2010

EDM #6: Draw your favourite well loved object or childhood toy


EDM #6: Draw your favourite well loved object or childhood toy
Originally uploaded by Spinneretta

I found him!!
I have had this rabbit since I was a baby- I have replaced the eyes and ears that fell off, re-sewn the mouth and nose twice, (this is my favourite version so far), and he is quite threadbare- but well loved. I guess that makes him real, doesn't it? :) He is also the only one of my toys that made it to the USA with me ;)

5 comments:

  1. How lovely - and I did laugh at your description of 'the best version so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL well that is because the first repair did not look as nice as this one ;) Actually this repair is probably not even a year old, so I am still proud of it :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so very sweet! What an enchanting and dear story behind the drawing! All of your other sketches for this June series are wonderful, but he just tugs at the heartstrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's wondrously loved! I don't have any beloved childhood treasures -- my mom never saved them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky- My dad had the same thing happen to him, so he insisted our stuff be kept :) Not that they could have taken Cottontail- he was always either in my bed or with me when I left home ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.