Sunday, June 06, 2010

EDM #5: Draw Your Bed


EDM #5: Draw Your Bed
Originally uploaded by Spinneretta

This is my bed- slightly odd perspective because I was sitting on it as I drew it :) The knots on the bedposts are loose and turn- which is why they look funny too ;)

This is an antique Southern America piece- my collector husband tells me it is Loblolly Pine- it is beautiful, very high (around 3'6") and not quite big enough when DD wants to lie in the bed with us ;)
The blanket on the bed is a crocheted one that was given to DH by a friend of his mother. I think she may have been the blind friend, but I am not sure.
Yes. it IS freshly made. No, I did not intend to draw it that way- DH stripped the bed before I could draw it unmade ;)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I love how you captured it. The perspective doesn't look strange to me, not the knots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really nice. You did a great job. I like the wood texture you got in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :)
    I tried to make sure it looked like wood, and was pleased with the result.
    The perspective just looked a little odd to me, wanted to make sure everyone realised where it was coming from ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really like the collaboration of your shorter locks and the classic outfits, it's so stunning. You really really fit them!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.