Thursday, January 14, 2010

Monthly Sketch Project - Rosehips


Part 1 of the MSP for January!

Coloured Pencils and a little white ink. Photo used, taken by Jennifer Rose.

Just made it in time!

A few other art pieces! (click for larger images and to read text).

Cherry Cakes and Ginger beer- I royally messed up this particular picture! Luckily for me, I was reading the following book which helped with my problems!


The Artist's Guide to Sketching by James Gurney and Thomas Kinkade.
This is an excellent book, if you can get it!

Since starting to use my journal for everything, I have come to enjoy my shopping list in my journal. I decorated the page a little because I prefer a picture there too :)
This is also the first picture after a short break I had to take- first I was ill, then the kids. I was disappointed- I had a personal aim to try and do something creative everyday- and this broke my streak :(
At night, it has been getting rather cold. Our living room has woefully inadequate heating... this heater is wonderful! I'd like to do this in other media- I love the way the red glow is reflected...

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful pages! I especially like your Rosehips - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann :) I was very pleased with the way they came out (much better than the book LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post!
    The Cherry Cake book sounds delicious! The Gurney book a must read...James Gurney is a wonderful teacher.
    The rosehips are jacobite rosehips, of course :)
    and who doesn't love an illustrated shopping list? Especially with Altoids on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leslie- the Cherry cake book is SO much fun, I enjoyed reading snippets from childhood books :) I am thinking of using the recipes with my kids lol
    The Gurney book really IS a must read... I love his blog and now this book!
    LOL the Altoids appear in my books frequently. Usually when I get bored with my hands and feet lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rosehips have me. They just have me.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.