Monday, September 14, 2009

A Weekend in Nature...

well, sort of :)
When my husband felt a stinging on his arm this weekend, he went searching for the culprit- and believed this to be it. A Saddleback caterpillar (caterpillar for the saddleback caterpillar moth).
The side spines are slightly poisonouse and will sting if touched.

These are delicious- I drew some that are currently ripening in the fridge :) From a tree in the backyard! We had originally thought the squirrels were throwing them down- until I did a bit more research and realised that pawpaws do not change colour when they ripen :)
They were somewhat like a vanilla flavoured mango...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.