Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Art Working Day

So I have been busy today- preparing things to swap and experimenting with things :) First up comes the recipe card for my snow-friend swap. I decided my partner needed a warming recipe ;)


Then I wanted to try out my oil pastels. I don't have any turpentine, so I made do with smudging some ;) This was my first real try with them, and I modelled it after Monet's Garden, The Iris. There is something very appealing about that painting :)


Whilest looking for Lenten crafts for my children, I ran across a great colouring page site. here they mentioned the Pysanky egg- which I think looks very similar to Zendoodles (if you colour them) :)

3 comments:

  1. That egg is beautiful! We used to make those eggs when I was little, and the smell of beeswax always reminds me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colours and variety in these offerings! I never cease to be inspired by Monet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the doodle egg! I have never tried oil pastels, you are giving me so many ideas!! I love the recipe card too. :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.