Monday, January 05, 2009

Daybook for Monday 5th January

Peggy over at the Simple Woman's Daybook hosts these daybooks, run on over for a look :)

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
it's foggy and cool. I love foggy days, they always remind me of England, although the fogs are thicker :)

I am thinking...
about all the things I have to get done- all the things I want to accomplish this year too :) So I am trying to start simple and add them in as I go. PATIENCE!

I am thankful for...
long holiday weekends. This is always brought to mind after the fact- when we are back into the school routine. I am also thankful for Nature Study Mondays- because it eases the kids back into the school routine. Putting it on Fridays extended the weekend, putting it on Monday eases us back into the school week :)

From the learning rooms... I have re-done the schedule so the kids have a simpler routine. Rebel had requested a few things be put back into action, and I had an idea over the break about M'Lady. This year we'll do the Alphabet Path- NEXT year we'll do Latin Centered Curriculum Year K :)

From the kitchen...
I'll be making bread, but tonight is grocery night so we'll be eating out instead. Normally that is a Tuesday thing, but what with the long holiday, things didn't quite work out that way (as in we are out of breakfast supplies LOL).

I am wearing...
denim skirt, green v-neck jumper/sweater (courtesy of my sister L for Christmas). Hair is down with the front clipped back with one of those crocodile like clips. I need more hair clips- I keep breaking them- you'd think my hair was lead! (or at least snakes like medusas!)

I am creating...
art still. I have a book I am working my way through, with lessons on using coloured pencils. That means lots of doodling yesterday with the lessons, rather than my daily drawing.

I am going...
to the grocery store. There is also a homeschool Mother's meeting this week, I am hoping I'll be able to attend, although I also know there is a dental appointment soon too!

I am reading...
just finished an art book, still have my Cornwell novels to read, plus a Country Living BE, a Victoria (I saved it for now) and a book about Urban homesteading :)

I am hoping...
to get things done. So far so good...

I am hearing...
the kids playing, the radio and the distant hum of traffic on the interstate. Fog makes every sound travel further. THAT thought always reminds me of the final Narnia book The Last Battle because in it, Jill whispers in a lisp because of the sound carrying :)

Around the house...
A little laundry, a little cleaning and I still have those curtains :)!

One of my favorite things...
is how you have a new start at the beginning of each year :) Of course you can always start fresh EVERY day ;)

A few plans for the rest of the week:
read, school- try to get things done. That's my aim this week- "Getting it done" :)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Evening on the rivah :) Well apparently that's the way they say it here in Virginia ;) I say it that way anyway LOL. At the end of the day on DH's birthday, we wandered along the river, picking stones and enjoying the view :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.