Monday, December 29, 2008

Daybook for Monday 29th December

Peggy over at the Simple Woman's Daybook is taking a break this week, but you can still catch the previous daybook entries at her site :)

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
It is brilliantly sunny, but a lot colder than it was yesterday :) It is still not a very cold winter though!

I am thinking...
About the things I am hoping to accomplish this year. I have a school plan to rethink, and the art ones I mention in previous posts. Hopefully I can keep my theme going throughout :)

I am thankful for...
My husband- who gave me this wonderful laptop for Christmas. All of a sudden I realise that my old machine is SLOW.

From the learning rooms...
I'm tweaking again. Rebel has requested a few things that mean I have to adjust the way I am doing things. So I will be reading the Latin Centered Curriculum again to adjust it :)

From the kitchen...
Well, I have leftover ham, so I'll make a split pea soup later. But I also have a cookie I have to draw for a challenge, so I am probably going to make some of those too :)

I am wearing...
black skirt and red, stripey blouse. My hair is back in my new hair clip (thanks to one of my sisters I think).

I am creating...
art. Lots to do on this front :D I have also promised M'Lady that we'll make her doll some clothes, and maybe her some like the little girls were wearing at Williamsburg yesterday.

I am going...
precisely nowhere as far as I know! I may have to take a walk later to help get rid of those pounds I want to lose...

I am reading...
S...L...O...W...L...Y... I have a couple of Patricia Cornwell novels and a few other books I picked up over the holidays.

I am hoping...
to get the books read!

I am hearing...
silence. The kids are playing a computer game ;) We're still on break, so that's O.K.

Around the house...
I am actually pretty up-to-date with the laundry. I have a little to fold, a little to put away and a little to wash. I have some curtains that really need to be worked on, and a few projects here and there, but this is the quiet time of year where I relax!

One of my favorite things...
is when the weather is warm over the weekend, and you can go out and enjoy a daytrip with the family!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
catch up with the rest of the laundry, read my books, plan and draw. It's a simple week for us!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
One of the wonderful entrances in Colonial Williamsburg :) I always love to see the Christmas decorations down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.