Monday, September 15, 2008

Challenges and Foods

Well, they are all foods really!

A banana from the store, and which my daughter ate.


It was an experiment which turned out VERY well. I was messing with layering colours. I like the way it came out :)


The farmer's market had little to offer me this week, so I drew another pepper. I tried some of my new layering techniques.


This is a peanut, EDM Challenge #188. Only it hasn't become the peanut yet! The peanut is a fascinating plant, the peanuts themselves start as a flower. Then the flower after fertilisation, goes down into the ground and grows into the famous snack there. We have just the one plant growing in the garden now. It has been blooming all summer and I have noticed the runners in the soil- fingers crossed I'll get a few peanuts from it!
This picture was drawn en Plein aire, but painted in the house (I got sunburned yesterday so I am a little gun shy!). I am not entirely happy with the way it came out, but it is a tricky thing to draw. I drew it about 3 times the actual size of the plant... the flowers are tiny, although the peanut plant itself is HUGE and sprawling!

2 comments:

  1. They're great! The banana looks perfect, and I had never seen a peanut plant - it's nice!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.