Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer's Bounty

That's what I like to call the latest picture in my new journal. This time, when I made it, I upgraded my paper to the more expensive Canson montvale, and a pad of Mi-Teints in a variety of neutral colours. I love the toned paper, and hope to try using some gouache with it at some point, but the white paper is there purely so I can draw and paint with the watercolours, and ink.
So, using those lovely colours, I drew the rest of the peppers from Saturday with my trusty Pigma Micron, then added watercolour washes with my Winsor and Newton set. I actually like the result!


Three smaller pictures, so I could record EACH of the lovely peppers, whose colours tempted me to buy them. I have no idea what to make with them, but I am sure I will think of something ;) Suggestions are warmly welcome however!
This definitely applies to the EDM: "Draw something hot"... because I know that these peppers are ALL hot! (Especially yesterday's habaƱero!) .

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful job you made with them.
    LOL..I have purchased foods many a time with no intention of eating it, just painting it.
    Artists eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great peppers. I think you have the beginnings of some salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peppers are rich and wonderful..and no doubt flavourful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look beautiful. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sketches! They're awesome! :) Marva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful peppers! Those new colors are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is such a joy to read. Would you like a couple of very easy bread recipes that other bloggers have shared? I wouldn't mind sending them your way. Tomorrow I am heading to your fair state from NC - we are heading to Wytheville - from what I've seen it sounds like a really pretty town.

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.