Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Everyday in May #7

Some Comfrey from my garden :)

I enjoyed drawing the peas so much, I thought I'd add a little something that is an old favourite. A shame the bumblebee I wanted to add disappeared when I sat down to draw!



"A casual glance around my garden will net you glimpses of old varieties of flowers and herbs.
Some I grow just because, some I grow for other reasons.
Comfrey I grow because it is beautiful, old, medicinal and a valuable garden plant.
Once called 'boneset' comfrey helps wounds and broken bones to heal faster.
Add the leaves to compost and it will aid decomposition and add nutrients.
It is a big draw for the humble-bumble and readily reproduces from the slightest piece of root!"

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Rachel, and welcome to the botanical group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so lovely, I would really like to see it!

    You really are quite talented, my dear!

    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sioux, I am quite excited to join some very talented people!

    Thank you Kim! The comfrey is a little past it's best, but I do enjoy it's flowers every year. I would quite happily girft some to a garden visitor as it seems to have been accidentally hit with my husband's hoe this (early) spring and I suddenly have 1/2 a dozen plants where once I had just one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another reason I wish we lived closer together!

    :0)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I added a link to your blog in my side bar! Your under Homeschool Blogs on the left side. I couldn't decide between that and Homekeeping? Do you have a preference?

    :0)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. No preferences :) I do a little of everything on here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... and thank you for the link :D

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.