Monday, May 05, 2008

Daybook: Monday 5th May 2008


FOR TODAY

Outside my Window... For a change, it is a beautiful sunny day :) There are flowers and green things and all kinds of spring-like going ons!

I am thinking... how enjoyable it is to be part of the Everyday Matters group... the artists on there are very inspirational :)

I am thankful for... my family and our home. Our house and garden are so relaxing and soothing.

From the kitchen... I have a flank steak marinating ready to make fajitas tonight for a Cinco de Mayo themed dinner ;)

I am creating... drawings and pictures for Everyday in May.

I am going... out into the garden later, to enjoy the beautiful weather.

I am wearing... denim capris and blue polo t-shirt.

I am reading... Nature's Garden Magazine, A Thomas Jefferson Education Companion and various other books ;)

I am hoping... That school will go well today... the kids have been up for ages since they got up early today :o

I am hearing... classical music and a puppet show from M'Lady ;)

Around the house... a load of laundry to go on (maybe two), some curtains to make, a drawing to complete and a floor to clean.

One of my favorite things... is to be expecting parcels in the mail! Yeah!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... continue with the drawings, try to get working on those curtains (DH needs to put up the rails for me!) , definitely get the portfolio done and organize the evaluation for Rebel... but No biggies yet!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing for you...
REAL
English Daisies... Bellis perennis, not those fake things you see over here in America!


Mum dug these up out of the grass for me, this is the real deal... the original! Sometimes the petals are tinged with pink, and they will dot lawns ALL over England for the next few months!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a peaceful week.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love the daisies- big fan of the daisy!
    Thakns for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you liking the book, A Thomas Jefferson Education?

    I blog about it occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy the ideas and stimulation from the TJ-Ed books, Maureen :) The companion (which I am reading now) has been giving me some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter's current word for all flowers is "daisy", so it's a word I hear constantly :) I'm very intrigued now, though: what do American daisies look like??

    ReplyDelete
  6. E-J: This is the kind I normally see named 'English Daisy' over here:
    http://home.howstuffworks.com/english-daisy.htm

    There are a few other kinds, but typically they don't look like 'normal' daisies ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.