Monday, January 07, 2008

All plans are subject to change

So it started out that this week I was planning on working on "Kitchen Organization" for that ‘simple’ part of my theme.

It isn’t going to happen that way! Our dishwasher gave up the ghost over the weekend, and now I have to begin a new habit… that of “Kitchen Routines”. See, normally I would be loading and unloading the dishwasher. NOW I have to figure into my life, the cleaning up of the dishes. Being as we have VERY little side to devote to a draining board, we were forced to improvise with a tiny drying rack and draining board. Why? Because the dishwasher will take at least a WEEK from us ordering it to get here.

Oh well, I had wanted to work with the kitchen routine idea, I just never thought it would be like THIS.

I was somewhat inspired though, when Dawn posted her list of daily chores. I figured that I might do the same :) Some of these chores are those I am TRYING to get working ;)

Unlike Dawn, we are not early risers, being instead more Night Owls. I am in pink, DH blue, the kids are orange, and those we ALL do (or more than one of us at least) are not coloured :)

  • Get up, shower and dress (DH then Me)
  • Make bed
  • Serve breakfast and coffee
  • Eat breakfast
  • Empty dryer and fold clothes
  • Reboot dryer and laundry if necessary
  • Prayer
  • Put dishes away
  • Kids up/dressed
  • Kids breakfast
  • Wash up/Brush teeth
  • Clean kitchen
  • MORNING LESSONS (9am-12.45pm)
  • Lunch Time
  • Tidy Kitchen/ wash up
  • AFTERNOON STUFF (either schoolwork or fun)
  • Computer time
  • Daily/Weekly Chores
  • Start work on dinner
  • 4pm Afternoon Tidy (kids help)
  • Kids TV Time
  • Finish Dinner
  • Wipe Kitchen
  • Lay Table
  • Eat Dinner
  • Wash Dishes
  • Kids bath/shower
  • Clean Kitchen/Sweep Floor
  • Kids Brush Teeth
  • Wipe downstairs bathroom
  • Kids Bedtime
  • Read/TV Time
  • Load Laundry
  • Prayer
  • Check To-Do List for tomorrow.
  • Make Breakfast for Morning
  • Make coffee and set delay timer
  • Get Ready for bed
  • Brush teeth
  • Bedtime Reading/Computer (I read, DH computer!)
  • Lockup and Lights Out.

There. Strangely enough, Dawn and I actually share some things without me copying her -like the 4pm tidy time ;) Honest to goodness, we do this daily, in order to keep the house in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.