Friday, December 21, 2007

Book Meme

Cristina over at Homespun Juggling tagged me for this Book meme. I, being the lazy sort, do hereby tag anyone not yet tagged… but I think especially GraceatHome and TheRoadLessTravelled :)

1. One book that changed your life:

Ooh… I am not sure. Perhaps a recipe book ;) I can't think of a good one :/

2. One book that you have read more than once:

Oh I have to agree with Cristina, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is one of my favourites. But I would gleefully add any one of the entire Chronicles of Narnia series here :)

3. One book that you'd want on a desert island:

Depends. If I were there for entertainment… I’d want something nice and long to read. Like Don Quixote. I have never managed to read that.

On the other hand, if I were stranded there… I’d want one of those survival books. You know the ones that tell you how to make a lean-to, how to make fishing rods, how to find food… what plants are safe to eat. If there is such a book!

4. One book that made you laugh:

Terry Pratchett’s Discworld books. My favourite would be Lords and Ladies in which, my absolute favourite quote of all time (which I still laugh at) appears:

The sum of all knowledge can be summarized thus;

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

I thought that was the best Big Bang Theory description I had ever read :)

5. One book that made you cry:

I don’t like books that make me cry. If someone dies in a book, I cry. There are so many, that I lose count.

6. One book that you wish had been written:

I am still waiting for Dawn to write one. She has some good ideas. Between her and Alice, I think there is a really great liturgical year book, which I’d love!

7. One book that you wish had never been written:

Thomas Hardy’s The Mayor of Casterbridge. I had to read that in school, and it still ranks as the single MOST BORING book I have ever read.

8. One book you are currently reading:

Peter Reinhart's Whole Grain Breads: New Techniques, Extraordinary Flavor

9. One book you've been meaning to read:

Well after Cristina’s approbation, I want to read The Alchemist!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm with you on the Mayor of Casterbridge! I hated it... so tedious, and icky:-(

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.