Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I thought it was autumn...

My calendar says autumn began two weeks ago (on Rebel's birthday to be exact), but I think it got lost along the way!
Yesterday hit 95 degrees here, while today was a fair bit cooler being only in the low 80's. The weathermen persist in claiming the 'fall temperatures' to be coming, but when they are talking about temperatures in the 70's, I just can't agree! AUTUMN is temperatures that necessitate at the least a cardigan or a lightweight jacket!
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not really complaining. If it were too cold, my kids would not be so willing to go outside, and I would not be enjoying October so much, but still, it does peeve me a little when I make an autumnal menu up for the week, only to be hit with temperatures in the 90s on the days I planned to have stew or soup!
That will not deter me, however! Soup is STILL on the menu for tomorrow... after all, the temperatures say summer... but the gardens do not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.