Friday, September 21, 2007

Reading, Waiting, Watching

It is true that I have been reading. Such inspirational books by the likes of Susan Branch, or Montessori books, or the wonderful crafty blogs out there. If only I could somehow link my blog feeds to my blog I could show you them!
In the meantime I have been waiting and watching for the links to come in to me for the Toymaking Fair... if you have an entry, be sure to get it to me soon! I have some great posts and links to share already!

I have also been schooling the kids. This week we were ecstatic to receive our Beeswax Crayons and Modelling Beeswax from Hazelnut Kids. M'Lady LOVES her block crayons because they cover the paper and they are HERS. BOTH of the kids love the modelling wax :) It just takes forever to warm when you have cold hands.

Today, Rebel finished school in about 1/2 an hour. I timed him as an incentive. His 1 hour math lesson took 10 minutes. His 45 minutes of Latin took 7 minutes. He then went on to have a thoroughly enjoyable time decorating his final draft of Aesop's Androcles and the Lion for Progymnasmata. OK something really needs a little work here obviously someone is not quite challenged enough. We'll work on breaking records next week!

In the meantime I have some reading to do!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Rachel - thanks for visiting me. I've been reading through your blog and really enjoying it - the children are delightful! You are a busy Mum - and life is probably a lot different for you here. Where are you from and when were you last home?
    I'll be in Devon next month and am really looking forward to seeing family, friends and English countryside - hopefully without rain!!
    Keep in touch and have a wonderful weekend.
    Mary.
    P.S. Loving your music - many of my very favorite pieces. How do you get that onto your blog if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.