Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Planner

I am not the best lesson planner in the world. In fact, I tend to give up on the whole 'planning' thing after a while, because, well, I'm a perfectionist... and I try to do too much.
There is this strange competitive streak in me, that I blame entirely on going to public schools... oh, AND being the eldest of a relatively large family. Somehow, I just have to try and do it all.
THAT is an attitude I am trying to stop. So, with that aim in mind, I made myself a planner.


It is very simple... just three months long (so I don't waste too much paper). I borrowed heavily from Dawn's idea, but figured out how I wanted MINE to look. It is definitely personalised.
The front is scrapbook paper. I pasted pretty printouts on the cover.
Next, is a yearly calendar.

I have noted particular dates on here. Eventually it will be a quick overview... special dates, appointments and such.
Then I have the monthly calendar for August.
I decorated THAT with some printouts of images from the Catholic Culture Liturgical Calendar site. I wanted it to look pretty. I added in the dates of interest (both liturgical and personal) and colour coded the days according to the liturgical use. And on the side is my colour code guide. Just in case I forget.
After the monthly calendar, there are weekly calendars, interspersed with the monthly calendars at the end of each month/beginning of the next month.

Each of these are designed for lesson planning notes. I have already gone through and picked ONE feast/saint per week to study. My aim is to have a weekly tea (again like Dawn) with an activity, food and book related to the day in question. This one shows Michaelmas, which is on a Saturday. This particular week, I set the Friday as the day for 'tea', and I have written in ideas for activities and things to do, as well as any recommended books (usually from Catholic Mosaic).

The plan is to get my planner spiral bound and then try to use it to plan out the schoolwork and liturgical year activities :)

6 comments:

  1. I love it! I especially like the color coded days - I need that kind of "extra visual".

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the planner ideas, have been trying to figure out where to go with mine, love the rest of your blog too, I am originally from the UK also but living in New Zealand. Hope you don't mind me adding your blog to my sidebar for list of blogs I read.
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful planner! Where did you print your pages out from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I love the visuals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I just made a post with the links to download my pages... so hopefully that will help :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! I was just thinking last night that I really need some kind of planner system. Yours is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy your comments, so please feel free to leave them or message me if you cannot!
I will try and reply as much as I am able :)

I have turned on word verification because I am getting spammed without it! You can always use the audio feature if you can't read the words.